Description: Condover Hall was built by Walter Hancock in 1598. The Hall has had several owners and was once rented by Clive of India, who conquered Bengal and drove the French from India during the 1700s. It now belongs to the Royal Institute for the Blind. Originally an 18th century lead statue of Hercules stood in the Hall's front court, but this was removed in 1804 and erected in the Quarry, Shrewsbury. (Photograph by Dr Paul Stamper).